Wednesday, August 11, 2010

National Day Parade ~ 9th Aug 10

I started hearing about NDP from the 1st week of July, then i started doing a little googling which got me some more information on National Day. It is very similar to a Republic Day in India, which i have seen it in the tele when i was a kid ~ parades of troops, tanks, trucks, navy equipments,jets and fighter planes. Here i had an opportunity to see it directly, right through my eyes after 27 years of my life. I got one of the worst ever possible places to stand( it was hanging to a wall like a lizard :P ) and watch the parade. The tickets for the actual parade gallery was sold a couple of months back, which means by the time i entered Singapore the tickets for NDP were mostly sold and i never had a clue about this.

The show had parachute troopers, fighter planes, military troops, tanks, heavy artillery, marines, fire service, ambulance, dancing females and then the best of the lot "Fireworks". I heard that Singapore military is a pretty descent one, they do their drills with the NATO countries and the do their military purchases with the states. I have been to Big Ben @ London on a new year where there is fireworks also to edinburgh for a new year which has fireworks too. But i am sure this one i saw in Singapore is the best of the lot. Ofcourse the last time i saw a firework was 4 years back so we cant compare them, but the intensity and the way it was organised in Singapore was very nice indeed. A special mention on the fighter planes parade, the noise they create was awesome it had the effect similar to one which we see at movies. Fantastic, I would say !

It all finished at about 9 PM, got myself a fillet burger from KFC and started back home.



No comments: